Thu, 25 Aug|
Dating with a Disability night
Dating with a disability night is proudly brought to you by Rock 'N' Rollers! Singles dating night for anyone with a disability!
Time & Location
25 Aug 2022, 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Warilla, 7 Osborne Parade, Warilla NSW 2528, Australia
About The Event
Click here: Dating With A Disability Ticket link!
About this event :
Join us for Illawarra's first Dating with a disability night! We know how hard it can be to find love and connection while living with a Disability.
This is a night dedicated to singles who are keen to find their soul mate or just keen to meet some new friends!
Breaking the ice can be tough but don't worry we have you sorted! We break up the night with activities so we can all get to know each other.
Location: Warilla surf club.
Date: 25th August - Thursday, 6-10 PM
Tickets: $30 ea. ($45 EA for guests with support workers, Please note packages available on request for ticket and follow-up dates with support to be billed through NDIS from your core budget) Catered event with bar. (Guests to buy their own drinks)
6:00 pm: Guests are to arrive at 6 pm. Guests to be briefed about the night. explain how the matching system works and inform them about dinner and activities.
6:30 pm: First group activity will start at 6:30, We are trying to break the ice and get to know each other.
7:00 pm: Dinner will be available from 7:00 pm.
6:30 - 10:00: The DJ will be providing music from 6:30 - 10
8:00 pm: Activity 2.
9:00 - 10:00 pm: D-Floor in full swing!
10:00 pm: Guest will Fill out their match cards and hand them in at the end of the night.
After The Event: Everyone who attended the event will be sent their matches the following day.
Option for Follow up support with matches: We offer a one-on-one service to pick you up and take you to your date. Our Support Workers/"Dating Experts" will offer advice before the date and will debrief afterwards while ensuring you a safe trip home!
Activity 1: Trivia
Guests will be divided into teams of 4, 2 girls and 2 guys. We will have three short rounds of trivia. 3 rounds, 5 questions each.
The winning team will get a prize.
Activity 2: Question time
Split up into new groups of 4. Each table will have an envelope of 5 quirky and thought-provoking questions. One person will be appointed the question master of the group or each person can read out a question and everyone answers in a clockwise formation. There are no winners of these activities; this is just an exercise to get people talking and getting to know each other.
- Guests will fill out a sheet at the end of the night selecting which people they would like to match with.
- We will provide a list for both males & females with boxes of the guests that attended the event.
- Support staff will help the guest fill out the match cards and hand them to us as they leave.
- We will then go over the match cards to confirm the matches and provide you with your matches. We will provide the results within a week.
- We will then coordinate with your support worker/coordinator to set up and confirm a date or at the very least contact between clients.
- Once contact is made, and the date is organised can we provide you with the service to drive you to and from the date. (we won't be a part of the date but we can be around in case the date does not turn out as expected.) This will also ensure that they get home safely afterwards and we can debrief about the date!
Other Activities on the night:
- Giant Jenga
- Coin toss
- Ring toss
- Photo booth.
This is an over 18's licenced event. Please contact Info@rocknrollers.com.au If you have any questions!
Hope to hear from you!
- Ticket type
Head To EventBrite
Purchase your tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/dating-with-a-disability-night-tickets-378986146767Price$30.00
+$0.75 service fee+$0.75 service fee